A glimpse inside the Factor Member Portal
From the just-completed month
- Private Member Tweets: 127
- Posts on the Member site: 9
- Videos/interviews: 1
Snippets from Thoughts on a Weekend Afternoon
Peter’s thoughts on the finished week and the week ahead | Issued most weekends
An introduction on Risk Management (Oct 17th Report)
“Also fortunate, I suffered paper cuts and avoided any gashes. It is the gashes that can take a trader out of the game. I closed 10 tranches this past week at an average loss of 18 basis points or a total loss of 181 BPs (1.8% of total capital). Interestingly, minus 18 is my average tranche loss dating back to the start of the Factor Service in 2014.
An interesting irony exists. My observation is that most novice/aspiring traders hate taking small losses out of worry that the markets in which they are stopped will turn around and go their way. Yet, an unwillingness to accept many small losses actually leads to some really big losses – and it is the big losses that badly end a trading venture.
Taking my pick between taking many small losses only to be flat when some anticipated moves occur on one hand and taking a few inevitable huge losses on one hand and my choice is easy – I will take the small losses even if it means missing some big moves because I was stopped out prematurely.
Factor members, your policy on taking losses – BIG or small – is the most important decision you must make regarding your trading operations. “
Some Chart/Trade Ideas shared with Members (Oct 24th Report)
Factor Member Private Twitter
Top Five Tweets
Contains an affiliate link to our Amazon Store
Become a Factor Member
- Trading Commodity Futures with Classical Chart Patterns: A free PDF copy of Peter’s classic out-of-print book
- The Weekend: Thoughts on a Sunday (Weekend) Afternoon
- The Monthly: Issued monthly, will provide an overview of the completed month and highlighted member content
- Private Twitter Page: Real-time alerts on interesting charts and observations, member dialog, the process of trading, the human aspect of trading, and risk/trade management (streamed on the member site as well)
- Webinars: Periodic member-only webinars where Peter speaks about current conditions and fields member questions
- Knowledge Center: Fast and easy access to current and archived content from Peter’s extensive library of trading content
- Automatic notifications: Email and social media notifications are sent out when new content is published
- Factor Report Educational Papers: Periodic educational and instructional documents
View your Factor Member options here. You could consider your membership in the Factor Service as just one more trade. If the Factor Service is not of value to you, well, it is just one more trade that did not work. My goal is to shoot straight on what trading is all about.
I hope you will consider joining the Factor community.