I’m new to trading (beginner) is this service for me?
Actually, there is nothing better for a new trader than the Factor service for several reasons.
- New traders have very inaccurate and grossly distorted expectations. The Factor Service addresses the harsh realities of trading — something most novice traders do not want to hear and something most other services fail to provide. New traders need to constantly be bathed in reality. And this is something the Factor Service does.
- New traders do not know understand the entire process of market speculation. Peter focuses on the nuts and bolts of trading, not just the glamorous aspects.
- One of the challenges of a new trader is how to think like a trader — how to adopt a correct philosophy of market speculation. The Factor Service relies on 40 years of Peter’s market experience to provide insight on this topic. It does not matter if a trader engages equities or forex or futures, all successful traders have a mindset that took years to develop. I can share these insights — something most of the fast talk promoters cannot do.
- Trade identification is the one thing most novice traders are seeking — they are seeking the wrong answer. Trade identification, or signaling, is far down the list of important aspects of market speculation. Peter emphasizes the process of market speculation, the importance of winning the inner battle against human emotions, and, most importantly, risk and money management.
Peter has reached his level of professionalism by making every mistake in the book — and this is something every new trader must do unless they heed the warning of someone who has made mistakes and is willing to put a spotlight on the traps laying ahead for novice speculators. Who better to do this than a 40 year renounced trader willing to share his experiences.
The Factor Service is only incidentally about identifying major market moves — which it does better than any other service we know. Peter, as much as a great trader, should be considered as a market philosopher.
Factor Service - Market Commentary
Focuses on a variety of topics. Recent examples include:
- How Factor LLC sizes a trade – futures and stocks
- The unitization (portfolio construction) of the Factor LLC proprietary account
- Dealing with the emotional aspects of trading or “Why a trader is his or her own worst enemy?”
- “Patience and discipline” – besides being overused terms, what do they really mean in ongoing market speculation
- The effects of probability theory and the random distribution of results on trading performance
- Trailing stops – why Factor LLC is generally opposed to them
- Pyramiding – the potentials and perils
- How Factor LLC uses moving averages and mean reversion in trading
- Why Factor avoids or uses great caution in signals based on trend lines and symmetrical triangles
- Discretionary systematic trading – the advantages and disadvantages of each approach to market speculation
If the FAQ page does not resolve your issue or question, please send us note using the Contact Us page under the Support menu. In most cases, we will get back to you very quickly. But please do allow up to 48 hours to reply.
Forgot my Password!
No problem, you could easily reset your password using our Forgot Password feature under the Support Menu. Simply provide your email address and we will send you an immediate email with directions on how to reset your password.
How do I change my password?
Please follow these steps to change your password:
- Log in to the site, if you have not already done so.
- Once logged in, click to get to my profile, located under the support menu.
- You will see your name, address, e-mail address, password, etc. You may change your password here by clicking onto the “update details” link and updating the password in the password field.
Do you offer refunds?
Unfortunately the cost is non-refundable. Consider it the risk on just another trade. Peter has priced this service to be affordable for everyone and we offer to much upfront and timeless content to members the day they join.
Can I cancel at any time?
Yes, at any time. Simply send us a note via the Contact Us page and you will receive acknowledgment of your cancellation. You will continue to have access to the content until your subscription date ends.
Can I access the site from different computers?
With your e-mail address and password, you can access your membership from any computer in the world that has internet access. Remember that passwords are case sensitive. If you use your membership on a public computer, be sure to click the “log out’ button to protect your account when you are finished using the site.
What are the Terms and Conditions of the membership?
Terms and Conditions can be found here: http://www.peterlbrandt.com/termsofuse/
Will my personal information be kept confidential?
This is a private and personal membership service, and we will never release any of our subscribers’ personal information. We hate spam! We keep minimal information and what we store will always remain strictly confidential. We will never sell or provide information to any third parties. That is guarantee.
Is my transaction secure? Are my credit card details secure?
Yes, all transactions are 256bit SSL secured and are handled directly by our world-class merchant services provider. At no time do we handle your credit card information and at no time is any credit card information stored in any of our databases or systems.
Can I become a member if I do not live in the United State?
ABSOLUTELY! Almost half of our members come from outside of the US. And Peter’s commentary and chart analysis involves world markets.
How does Peter define success for the Factor Membership service?
- Peter considers the service a success based on these goals:
- Champions classical charting as a method for market speculation
- Advocates for longer-term charts in an era when the time frame for market speculation is becoming shorter and shorter
- Alerts futures and forex traders to two or three good trading ideas each year
- Challenges all readers toward critical thinking in their own speculative endeavors
- Emphasizes the need for a deliberate, comprehensive and organized approach to market speculation
- Educates traders on the importance of:
- Aggressive risk management protocols
- Organization and hard work in market operations
Is the Factor Trading service a trade advisory service?
- Peter believes absolutely that a novice trader cannot successfully mirror the actions of another trader, but must formulate his or her own
- A trade advisory service is exactly what Peter does NOT want to produce. Rather, Peter wants to impress upon members the thought process that goes into market
- Specific buy and sell recommendations will NOT be provided by the Factor service, even though readers will be able to surmise Factor’s positions and actions
- Peter wants the Factor email service to encourage critical thinking on all aspects of market speculation.
- It is trading ideas Peter wants to communicate, not the specific buy and sell actions within a campaign.
Are trial memberships available?
No. Peter has no interest in members who cannot risk $197 or $598 on a trade.
Does Factor LLC only monitor and trade futures and forex in its proprietary account?
- While Peter primarily trades futures and forex, he does trade equities and will comment on the stocks he finds particularly interesting from a classical charting
- Many of the futures and forex markets traded by Factor have corresponding ETFs. Yet Peter believes that commodity and forex ETFs represent a very inefficient use of trading
- There have been examples when Factor has become extremely interested in stock plays and has placed substantial bets on the same, risking 200 to 300 basis points of capital
Is Peter available by email to answer questions or to give advice?
- Generally, no! Remember, the Factor service is NOT an advisory Peter cannot and will not provide specific advice tailored to an individual situation.
- All questions are catalogued. Peter might decide to do a group-wide email when several members of the service pose a similar
- If members want to email Peter, REMEMBER, NEVER REPLY TO AN EMAIL issued as part of the Factor email service. Always originate an email from your end using our contact us form.
How will I know when my membership is processed?
You will be immediately directly to a confirmation page with details of your transaction and your membership information. In addition, you will receive a welcome email within minutes.
Do you have examples of Factor’s Record?
Peter’s real-time market calls (just a few) during recent years have included:
- The April 2011 high in Silver
- The June 2011 low in the Wheat/Corn spread
- The 10% drop in the S&P in August 2011
- The breakaway gap in early January 2012 in U.S. stock indexes
- The bear market in Corn beginning in April 2013
- The sharp decline in Eurodollars from May to August 2013
- The bear market in the Japanese Yen futures beginning in November 2012
- The bull market in the Japanese stock market (Topix and Nikkei) beginning in November 2012 and continuing thr0ugh the present (April 2015)
- The cascade in Gold and Silver prices beginning in April 2013
- The sharp decline in Silver beginning in September 2014
- The top in Apple in October 2012
- The bottom in Apple completed in August 2013
- The 70 cent rally in RB Gas beginning in January 2012
- The top in the Australian Dollar in May 2013
- The decline in the Aussie Dollar beginning in September 2014
- The advance in Soybean prices vs. Corn prices in 2013
- The collapse in energy prices beginning in September 2014
- The bull market in the U.S. Dollar beginning in September 2014
- Peter has had his fair share of bad Such is life. But, importantly, Peter is willing to stick his neck out on market calls in the principle he calls “strong opinions, weakly held”
Will this service make me rich?
You will find the Factor service to be unlike anything else you have followed. The Factor service is designed to be “serious” – not “sensational.” If you want “sensational,” there are plenty of hucksters willing to take your money.
If you are looking to double or triple your trading capital each year, membership is not for you. There are many other services – several promoted by fraudulent con-men – that appeal to “hot” money. If market services that pitch “Turn $10,000 into a million” appeal to you, the Factor service is not for you.
Where can I find my current membership information?
After logging in, select my profile from the support menu. It will list the current membership product you are subscribed to, along with your start and end dates. All products are set to automatically renew.
How often are Factor Reports issued?
At least once per week, typically Peter will release at 10 to 20 page report by Sunday afternoon. In addition, Peter will often issue market updates midweek, as he sees the need to inform members of new developments.
Members will receive an automated email when the report is ready on the website.