A glimpse inside the Factor Member Portal
From the just-completed month
- Tweets posted on our Private Member Twitter: 131
- Updates and Special Reports posted on the Member site: 7
Snippets from Thoughts on a Weekend Afternoon
Peter’s thoughts on the finished week and the week ahead | Issued most weekends
May 8, 2022
This roll-over reminds me a lot like the 2007-2008 period.
There are some things to remember when adopting a trading program with monthly/weekly charts (no daily charts with trading decisions limited to weekends).
1. In my opinion, trading weekly bars in the manner discussed above is COMPLETELY incompatible with monitoring the markets during the week (even if it is an end-of-day review). If I were to adopt this approach to trading it would have direct implications on the nature of communications to members of the Factor Service.
2. In that weekly price bars (or closing prices) would determine entry and initial protective stop levels, a 50 BP risk would likely cut in half or more the sizing of trades. My guess (using assumptions not discussed herein) is that net performance would be less than halved and Profit Factor would deteriorate by 30% or so. Marked-to-the-market drawdowns would also increase to 10% or more.
3. I can easily argue that the risk per trade on a longer-term program could be bumped from 60 or so BPs to 100 BPs as long as highly correlated trades are not simultaneously held.
4. Trade management would need to become much more mechanical and rules-based than is my current practice.
5. All significant changes in a trading program have unintended consequences.
Factor Member Private Twitter
Top Six Tweets
Contains an affiliate link to our Amazon Store
Become a Factor Member
- Trading Commodity Futures with Classical Chart Patterns: A free PDF copy of Peter’s classic out-of-print book
- The Weekend: Thoughts on a Sunday (Weekend) Afternoon
- The Monthly: Issued monthly, will provide an overview of the completed month and highlighted member content
- Private Twitter Page: Real-time alerts on interesting charts and observations, member dialog, the process of trading, the human aspect of trading, and risk/trade management (streamed on the member site as well)
- Webinars: Periodic member-only webinars where Peter speaks about current conditions and fields member questions
- Knowledge Center: Fast and easy access to current and archived content from Peter’s extensive library of trading content
- Automatic notifications: Email and social media notifications are sent out when new content is published
- Factor Report Educational Papers: Periodic educational and instructional documents
View your Factor Member options here. You could consider your membership in the Factor Service as just one more trade. If the Factor Service is not of value to you, well, it is just one more trade that did not work. My goal is to shoot straight on what trading is all about.
I hope you will consider joining the Factor community.