A glimpse inside the Factor Member Portal
From the just-completed month
- Tweets posted on our Private Member Twitter: 192
- Updates and Special Reports posted on the Member site: 6
Snippets from Thoughts on a Weekend Afternoon
Peter’s thoughts on the finished week and the week ahead | Issued most weekends
Learning to trade is a matter of learning from mistakes, many of them more than once (or twice, or thrice).
Trading is a matter of making trade-offs. Use wider stops – and increase the win rate in exchange for larger drawdowns. Name the tactical change to a trading program and there will be trade-offs. My trading regime is filled with trade-offs. A high Gain-to-Pain ratio and Profit Factor are my goals. I give up absolute profitability as a trade-off. Aggressively I protect trading capital. I cut losses very quickly – this protects capital with the tradeoff of being stopped out of a lot of trades that subsequently become winners.
Trade-offs. There are always trade-offs. There is NO way to optimize for all the outcomes you want. The wrinkle in playing the trade-off game is that there are always unintended consequences. Sometimes the unintended consequences are good news, more often they are unwelcome. Then, in the process of addressing the unintended consequences, new trade-offs occur.
Deere & Co. Long 100%.
Recent Positions Closing
Japanese Yen. Short 25%, having covered 25% on Thursday at the 2X target. I do not have a target on the remaining position.
Pattern: 10-week descending triangle
Factor Member Private Twitter
Top Five Tweets
Become a Factor Member
- Trading Commodity Futures with Classical Chart Patterns: A free PDF copy of Peter’s classic out-of-print book
- The Weekend: Thoughts on a Sunday (Weekend) Afternoon
- The Monthly: Issued monthly, will provide an overview of the completed month and highlighted member content
- Private Twitter Page: Real-time alerts on interesting charts and observations, member dialog, the process of trading, the human aspect of trading, and risk/trade management (streamed on the member site as well)
- Webinars: Periodic member-only webinars where Peter speaks about current conditions and fields member questions
- Knowledge Center: Fast and easy access to current and archived content from Peter’s extensive library of trading content
- Automatic notifications: Email and social media notifications are sent out when new content is published
- Factor Report Educational Papers: Periodic educational and instructional documents
View your Factor Member options here. You could consider your membership in the Factor Service as just one more trade. If the Factor Service is not of value to you, well, it is just one more trade that did not work. My goal is to shoot straight on what trading is all about.
I hope you will consider joining the Factor community.